This healthy, baked breakfast will fill the whole family – and it’s healthy, too
Who doesn’t love pizza? What could be better for breakfast than this dish? Now you can treat yourself to pizza for breakfast without the guilt with this incredibly delicious Sweet Potato Breakfast Pizza.
Grain-free, gluten-free and quick to throw together, this is ready to eat in under 30 minutes.
Best of all, the crust is 100% paleo and dairy-free, and there’s no yeast needed to hold it together.
If you have children, what is better than getting a full serving of vegetables first thing in the morning? And that’s just from the crust alone – it could be even more depending on the toppings you add!
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- For the toppings:
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese [use dairy-free if desired]
- 2 tablespoons marinara sauce
- Handful fresh spinach
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment if not using a pizza stone.
- 3. Mix together the sweet potato, egg, seasonings and coconut flour. Mixture should form a dough. Dough should not be sticky. If it is, add 1/2 tablespoon more coconut flour.
- 4. Place dough in the middle of a pizza stone. Flatten into a circle depending on how you prefer your crust. A thicker crust will need to be cooked longer.
- 5. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping the crust at the 10 minute mark.
- 6. Once crust is firm, spread on the sauce and add the cheese, spinach and tomato slices. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 7. Remove pizza from oven and gently crack the eggs over top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 5 to 10 more minutes, depending on how "done" you want your egg.