Who has time in the mornings to prepare a hearty breakfast? If you are one of those that runs from the shower to the pavement with nothing more than a banana to set you up for the day, then this recipe will ensure you sleep soundly at night.
It’s perfect for an easy Friday morning brunch at home, too.
This is the ultimate breakfast worth waking up to! Easily made right in your slow cooker, or ‘Crock-pot’. Set it, forget it, and devour it!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 4 hours
Serves: Up to 8
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 400 gms packet of chicken sausages, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 300 gms can condensed cream of chicken or tomato soup
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1. Place potatoes, bell peppers, onion, chicken sausage, cheese, sour cream, oregano and basil into a 6 litre slow cooker.
- 2. Stir in the chicken soup; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 3. Cover and cook on low heat for at least 4-5 hours, or high heat for 2-3 hours.
- 4. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.