This seasonally-appropriate dish comes courtesy of Rove Hotel’s Daily kitchen.
A perfect way to end your iftar, this indulgent pie will keep the whole family happy!
We might replace the Oreos with Digestive biscuits or even Hob-Nobs, though.
SERVES 4 – 8 (1 pie)
PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: Setting time three hours
- 250 g Oreo biscuits (centre cream removed)
- 175 g unsalted butter, melted
- 180 g white marshmallows
- 180 ml milk
- 100 ml Qamardeen syrup
- 1/8 tsp orange food colourant
- 600 ml cream
- In a food processor blend the Oreo biscuits into a fine crumb.
- Put the crumbs in a bowl and mix in the melted butter.
- Place the crumb mixture in a pie dish. Make an even layer on the bottom of the pie dish. Place in fridge and let set for 30 minutes.
- Melt marshmallows in the milk over a low heat while stirring. When mixture is melted remove from heat.
- Stir in the orange colourant and Qamardeen syrup. Colour should be light orange. If you want a darker orange, simply add more colourant. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Whip 300 grammes (half) of the cream with a hand mixer to soft peaks. Fold the whipped cream into the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the mixture onto the Oreo base. Place in fridge and let set for about two hours.
- When the pie has set, whip the remaining cream to medium peaks and spread on top of pie.